Sunday, August 01, 2004

Kathleen Kennedy reviews of the reviewer

I wanted to thank you for your reviews of the Ohio Ballet performances. I was fortunate enough to catch Ohio Ballet's performance of “Rite of Spring.” It totally knocked me out in every possible way. Unfortunately, the Cleveland and Akron reviews and audiences apparently did not agree. In my opinion, they were either so uncomfortable with the theme that they couldn't grasp the performance, or they were unable to objectively view the performance because of personal prejudices.

You, on the other hand, understood the level of performance. Yours was the only review that captured the essence of what happened that night. Yours was the only review that understood that the choreography and the performance must live up to the music.

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your objectivity, your professionalism, and your high level of knowledge and understanding.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Kennedy
Tucson, Arizona