Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review of the Reviewers Reviews: Kim Gamble


 Hi Dr. Berko,

My name is Kim Gamble and I just wanted to take a moment and say hi and let you know how much of an impact you made on my life when I was just a wee little girl.  My mother, Ricky Gamble was taking classes at LCCC and she was in a few of your classes.  I was a constant tag-a-long when not in school for her lack of a babysitter. 

You were directing The Godspell at the time my mother was taking a course on Creativity and you saw me sitting out in the hallway and you asked my mother if I could come down and watch the rehearsals.  She said yes and I was so glad for something else to do besides sitting in the hallway with nothing to do.  I was at almost every rehearsal, dress rehearsal and opening night.  One time rehearsal ended early and you even took me home and I had dinner with your family and mother came and got me after her class ended.

You gave me an appreciation for college/community theater and gave me respite (when you didn't even know the world I lived in).  When I was in my Poetry and Drama course in Community College I had a wonderful (and difficult) instructor and it was just when Lion King hit Broadway and they were talking about it on all of the shows like the Sunday Morning show on CBS.  I remember thinking - I want to be there some day, it looks amazing.  Well, almost 20-years later, as a gift for my birthday I got to see Lion King on Broadway and it WAS amazing.

Thank you for being the person you are and for helping that little girl begin to cultivate a love for the arts and find some peace in her world.  It means so much to me today as I look back across my life.

Best Wishes,
Kim Gamble

P.S.  I see Godspell almost every year at a community theater.